Ⅰ. Personal Information Protection Policy (HTS Group)
Hitachi Transport System (Australia) Pty. Ltd.
Managing Director : Nobuhide Kato
Date of enactment: March 31st , 2021
Hitachi Transport System, Ltd. Group (hereinafter “HTS Group”) handles a variety of information including in-house technical information as well as information obtained from our customers as a global solution provider offering seamless services to entire global supply chain. Accordingly, HTS Group has strived to establish and implement an information management system that respects the value of such information.
In light of this background, HTS Group has prescribed rules and established a management system regarding personal information protection; prescribed the personal information protection policy laid out below and informed directors and employees, while taking measures to grant general public an easy access to the information. Moreover, HTS Group strives to protect personal information appropriately according to this policy.
(1) Formulation of Personal Information Protection Management Rules and Continuous Improvement of Personal Information Protection Management System
HTS Group shall formulate and implement personal information protection management rules in order to raise awareness for the importance of personal information among directors and employees, and to appropriately use and protect personal information. HTS Group shall maintain and continue to improve these rules.
(2) Collection, Usage, and Provision of Personal Information and Prohibition of Use beyond Original Purpose
In consideration of the fact that HTS Group is entrusted with the customer’s information in its business activities, HTS Group shall establish a management system for personal information protection specific to each operation, and appropriately handle the collection, usage and provision of personal information according to the established rules. HTS Group shall not use personal information for other than the purpose of such information, and shall take measures to prevent such misuse.
(3) Implementation and Corrective Actions of Safety Measures
In order to secure the accuracy and safety of personal information, HTS Group shall implement measures such as managing access to personal information, restricting the means for external use of personal information, and preventing unauthorized external access in compliance with the rules for information security, and thereby prevent the leakage, loss, alteration, or destruction of personal information. In case some security issues are identified, HTS Group shall immediately take actions to correct them.
(4) Compliance with Laws and Codes
HTS Group shall comply with the Japanese laws and codes applicable to the protection of relevant personal information. Moreover, HTS Group shall adapt its personal information management rules to comply with these laws and codes.
(5) Respect for the Rights of the Individual Concerning Personal Information.
When the individual requests for his or her personal information to be disclosed, corrected, deleted, or seeks to prevent the use or provision of such information, complained or consulted, HTS Group shall respond in good faith respecting the rights of the individual pertaining to the personal information.
II. Handling of Personal Data
Under our Personal Information Protection Policy, Hitachi Transport System, Ltd. (hereinafter “HTS Group”) protects and manages personal data with the utmost care and to the best of our ability.
1. Definition of Personal Information and Personal data
- HTS Group defines personal information as information about an individual that can identify a specific individual on the basis of a name, date of birth or other description included in the information, or through a number, symbol or other code, image or sound associated with an individual (including that information which on its own cannot identify an individual but can be easily matched with other information to identify a specific individual). Furthermore, personal information includes not only information that can identify an individual but also any and all information that expresses a fact, judgment or assessment concerning the attributes of an individual including an individual’s physical characteristics, property, occupation or status.
- Personal data is data that enables the above-mentioned personal information to be searched and used, etc..
2. Scope of Application
This document, “About Personal Information Protection,” prescribes HTS Group’s handling of all personal data concerning you, our customers and our suppliers through our business.
3. Purpose of Use of Personal Data
We will use the personal data we obtain from you, customers and suppliers only to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose stated in each item of the following table. When we acquire personal data, we will publicly announce or notify you of the purpose of use to the extent practicable except the purpose of use has already been announced. When any of the following applies, however, we will not publicly announce or notify you of the purpose of use:
- When there is a risk publicly announcing or notifying you of the purpose of use will harm the life, person, property or other rights and interests of you or a third party,
- When there is a risk publicly announcing or notifying you of the purpose of use will harm the rights or legitimate interests of an organization concerned,
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a government agency or a local public body in the execution of affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and there is a risk publicly announcing or notifying you of the purpose of use will impede the execution of affairs, or
- When the purpose of use is deemed to be clear from the circumstances of acquisition
|No.||Classification||Purpose of Use|
|4||Information of employees and their families|
|8||Security (surveillance) camera video information|
|9||Image, audio information acquired with a drive recorder|
|10||Information acquired through system services, etc.|
|11||Matters other than the above|
4. Proper use of personal data
- HTS Group handles personal data as follows;
- processed lawfully, fairly and transparently (“lawfulness, fairness and transparency”);
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes (“purpose limitation”);
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary (“data minimisation”);
- accurate and kept up to date (“accuracy”);
- stored for no longer than is necessary (“storage limitation”);
- appropriately secured (“integrity and confidentiality”).
- Regarding data transfer, as you might know, Hitachi Transport System is a company incorporated in Japan and HTS Group operates around the world, so data may be transferred to the parent company HTS and other companies within HTS Group for the following purposes. When we transfer data, it will comply with procedures required by applicable local personal data protection laws and take the appropriate action necessary to protect the data.
- To properly and reliably carry out all business such as forwarding and logistics business.
- To respond to business-related inquiries from inside and outside the company.
- To strengthen sales force by sharing sales information within group companies.
- To strengthen the organization of the group’s business operations by sharing transaction information within HTS Group companies.
- To strengthen group management capabilities by sharing information necessary for management within HTS Group companies
We recognize that the security of personal data is important to HTS Group and we will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, alteration and unauthorized disclosure in accordance with HTS Group’s security management standards
You can refuse to accept cookies or have a warning message displayed when you accept cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. For further details, please refer to your web browser instructions. You may also refuse to accept web beacons by refusing to accept cookies.
However, please understand that all or part of the services that we provide on our website may not be available to you if you refuse to accept cookies.
Explanation of terminology
(2) Web beacons
“Web beacons” refers to a technology that operates in tandem with cookies and enables a web server to know how many times you accessed certain pages of a website. Unless you enter your personal data when accepting cookies, however, it is not possible to identify who you are.
7. Request for disclosure of personal data, complaints, requests for consultation
If you would like to request disclosure, correction, etc. of personal data held by HTS Group, or if you would like to file a complaint or consultation with us, please contact the following contact information by phone or e-mail.
8. Special Notes
- When entering personal data on the Hitachi Transport System website, you must agree to the purpose of use and other terms specified on the website. Whether you agree or not is up to you but if you will not give your consent, you may not be able to access services we offer (including responding to your inquiries).
- When you contact us by telephone, conversations may be recorded to ensure accurate response.
Please address requests and complaints concerning the disclosure, etc. of personal data held by HTS Group and other inquiries concerning HTS Group’s protection of personal information to the office for inquiries below.